Job Description for Digital Project Manager at Digett
Does the idea of solving problems, big or small, interest and excite you? Do you “get” just how much has to happen behind the scenes for a website or digital campaign to work and have experience managing website builds from conception to approval and beyond? A digital agency for professional services firms, Digett is seeking a talented digital project manager (DPM) to lead technical projects through strategic thinking, organized planning, and efficient execution.
The Digital Project Manager owns projects from beginning to end. He or she:
- Establishes and translates project goals into technical and tactical activities.
- Creates, continuously monitors and communicates regarding schedules, budgets, resources and overall project status.
- Holds self and team members accountable to ensure every activity performed and deliverable produced aligns with goals, is completed within budget, and on time.
The Ideal Candidate
- As project lead and business analyst, you’re great at asking questions to uncover and interpret requirements. You love details and you’re very organized. You’re experienced at establishing the technical scope, timeline, budget breakdowns and resources to meet project needs.
- Organized and strategic, you can break complex needs down into smaller, manageable, responsibly prioritized tasks and assign those activities to the best resources for the job.
- You know how to manage the delicate balance between scope, time and dollars. You’re always watching for red flags and take steps to mitigate risk. You communicate proactively and often.
- Getting things done and done right drives you. You’re motivated to knock things out and you’ve figured out the best way to engage the team around you to do the same.
- Quality communication is your livelihood. You are able to assess and adapt your communication style and delivery medium depending on your audience and message. Presenting to a room of executives is just as invigorating as a one-on-one phone interview. You understand the power of listening and know when to keep your mouth shut. You aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and ask hard questions (but do so kindly). You speak and write clearly, concisely, and purposefully. You can comfortably explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Web development, in particular, is a passion. You understand the fundamentals of information architecture, UX design, site building, web programming, and using a content management system.
- “Digital” excites you. You have a good grasp on digital marketing fundamentals and how websites, landing pages, email, social media, organic search, pay-for-click advertising, analytics and well-written copy can all play together to generate leads.
- You may or may not be able to code a website yourself, but you understand and hope to learn more about the logic and constraints (or possibilities!) of web technologies.
- You may or may not be a designer yourself, but you have a decent eye for design and UX fundamentals. You don’t have to be a Photoshop wiz, but know your way around it to complete some simple tasks.
- You like learning and stay abreast of trends in the digital marketing world and in the B2B professional services space.
- Managing multiple projects, deadlines and people is right up your alley.
- You’re not afraid to execute tasks yourself when the situation calls for it. You can serviceably write copy, sketch a rough wireframe, edit something simple in Photoshop, and log into a website to make a content or configuration change.
- Bad news doesn’t get you down. Despite best efforts, projects can and will go wrong. You fully understand the gravity of overruns or mistakes, but you’re highly resilient. You learn from it, update processes to prevent similar mistakes in the future, and take on the next challenge.
- A leader yourself, you also encourage leadership in those you work with. You show sound judgement when it comes to taking on a task yourself vs. delegating it. You’re able to identify what team members are good at and empower them. You’re willing to help someone improve in an area where they can be better.
Day-to-Day Project Management
- Stay abreast of project statuses (big picture and day-to-day activities) at all times. Ensure progress is being made. Maintain open lines of communication with all parties to proactively address questions, changes, roadblocks, opportunities and successes.
- Provide regular project status reports.
- Lead project retrospective meetings at project conclusions.
- Assure quality of deliverables before sharing with stakeholders.
- Work closely with information architects, designers, Drupal and WordPress site builders, developers, copywriters, analysts, etc.. Ensure they fully understand the tasks before them and that they have everything they need to be successful.
- Complete project tasks assigned to you.
Business Analysis/Digital Strategy
- Lead discovery efforts to uncover technical requirements for SMB to Enterprise-level custom web design and development.
- Create and oversee execution of project plans, provide feedback during all project phases.
- Ensure efficient and prioritized utilization of resources. At times will need to coordinate with others to prioritize resource use across organization.
- Follow Digett processes and best practices. Look for opportunities to build upon and improve.
- Look for and articulate opportunities to provide greater value to an organization.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience at an agency or corporate marketing department where emphasis was on digital marketing and/or website management.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in a professional services industry.
- Proven experience managing medium to enterprise-sized digital projects from discovery through design, build and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of content management systems, especially Drupal, but also Wordpress.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq
- Familiar with project management software, gantt charts, resource scheduling
Characteristics of a Digett Team Member
- The Digett Team is passionate about positively impacting the individuals and organizations with whom we partner.
- We focus on results and continuously seek opportunities to improve… whether client accounts, our work, or ourselves.
- Digetteers get tasks done independently, collaborate well with the rest of the team, and know how to strike a balance between “I’ll figure this out myself” and “I should leverage my colleague’s expertise for help.”
- Digett is a feedback-rich environment. Digetteers receive feedback from colleagues and clients well and adapt easily.
- We value a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and someone that can tell a good “how-I-spent-my-weekend” story during Monday’s team meeting.
Location: This position is located in San Antonio, Texas. Remote/telecommuting candidates will not be considered.
Work schedule: Full-time
Wage/Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested? Let us Hear From You.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.