22 Strangest Referring Keywords
Digett.com sees a lot of traffic from visitors who find us via any set of common keywords and phrases, things like “san antonio web design” or “san antonio internet marketing.”
Sometimes, though, Google Analytics reveals that visitors have arrived at our site using some pretty obscure search terms. Inspired by a similar post where Ian Laurie did the same, I dug into the dark depths of Analytics and selected Digett’s 22 strangest referring keywords.
Weird, but I get it
- monkey house smell - I wrote about self-examination to avoid the marketing monkey house last year.
- ideas for a zombie apocalypse also zombie marketing ideas - The Centers for Disease Control cashed in on zombie popularity in May. Amy loved this clever campaign with braaaains.
- drupal oop - Okay, “oop” stands for Object Oriented Programming. We saw some fairly lively conversation in the comments when we talked about Drupal vs OOP. Personally, I prefer to think of this as a song. Shoomp, dru-pa-doop, drupal-oop-da-oop-da-oop.
- dragon websites - We’ve got our armor on and we’re slaying mobile website dragons left and right.
- boring internship - Does someone have something to 'fess up?
- how to speak the queen’s english - Cheers, yeah?
- how to become a spammer - Variations of this appear repeatedly. What’s up, people? Avoid these email marketing sins, please.
- what would barney do
- so kind san antonio web - So kind, so cruel, San Antonio web!
- how much kinetic energy is in a person
- humanitarian work in tanzania
- are the led zeppelin symbols trademarked
- flashbacks of a fool
- who says you can't go home, bon jovi
- "belgium, norway, sweden, or india"
- favoritism jokes
- adult film star angie - Really?
- avoiding children with adwords - I picture AdWords prepared with some garlic and a stake
- check list of body language
- concept story frogs - A concept about story-telling frogs? A frog coming-of-age tale? We'll never know.
- send hope inspire and nourish by utilizing accumulated knowledge and skills
What about your site? Have any bizarre keywords to report? Willing to take a guess at how some of these weirder terms led to us?
Monthly Marketing Insights.
Get thought-provoking and actionable insights to improve how your firm makes a connection with your customers.