Drupal Video Tutorials: Using the Text Editor
We love using Drupal at Digett because it’s open source, flexible, and has a great community built around it. But as someone who came into web marketing with no knowledge of Drupal, I can understand our clients’ occasional frustration at not being able to immediately take charge of their website and make the updates and changes they want.
It is with this in mind that Digett has created a series of Drupal content management video tutorials. This series covers the most common content management actions in Drupal, and is intended to help Drupal beginners in the management of their websites.
Things to keep in mind
- These tutorials were developed with Drupal 6 websites in mind, although many elements may also apply to earlier and later versions of Drupal.
- While many Drupal websites function in similar ways, no two sites are exactly alike: some functions described in these tutorials may not be available on your website, your user account may not have the appropriate permissions, or the processes may look just a bit different.
- These tutorials are available publicly, both in these blog articles and on Digett’s YouTube page. If you are a Drupal developer or firm, please feel free to share these tutorials with your clients.
Using the text editor
When it comes to a client’s managing their website, the majority of the questions we receive deal with using the text editor. These videos cover the seven most-asked text editor questions that we receive.
- Pasting as Plain Text
- Linking to External Website
- Linking to Internal Page
- Uploading an Image
- Aligning an Image
- Adding Headings
- Uploading a Document as a Link
Here’s a first taste
And stay tuned
Next time we’ll share our tutorials on some of the more advanced aspects of a Drupal website’s management, such as configuring a page’s menu settings and viewing form submissions.
Monthly Marketing Insights.
Get thought-provoking and actionable insights to improve how your firm makes a connection with your customers.